SFX Makeup for Beginners
Module 1 (2 Days Course)
Conducted by International FX Artist David Willis (Director of Augmented Creative)
SFX makeup from your kit is an introduction into understanding casualty makeup, blood and guts makeup application and to learn how to apply movie makeup and create all sorts of fun effects. This class is also understanding how to create FX makeup with local materials and your own makeup kit.
- Health and Safety
- Product knowledge
- How to use alcohol makeup
- Budget break down with SFX makeup
- Correct removal of makeup effects
- Skin preparation
- How to create makeup effects from your kit.
- How to do the correct research
- Understanding highlight and shading within makeup FX
- Cuts and bruises, scabs and scrapes,
- 3D wounds using silicone gels
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns, zombie skin effects and monster makeup techniques
- Using gelatin FX
- Bullet wounds.
- When to use wax and when NOT to use wax
- 3D pros-aide transfers and how to apply.
- Demo and hands on practice
Date: 26 – 27/9/2023
Time: 10am - 6pm (Lunch break 1 hour)
Duration: 2 days
Class Size: 10-20 pax
What do I need to bring to the master class?
Students are required to bring their makeup kits for both days. There will be makeup materials supplied during this class.
Who would benefit from this class?
Anyone that is really interested in understanding the fundamentals of SFX makeup and
a starting point to getting into prosthetics and character makeup.
Essential for makeup artists working in TV and film or those that just love to be creative
PROSTHETIC CHARACTER MAKEUP APPLICATION MASTER CLASS
Module 2 to 4 (3 Days Course)
Designed for makeup artists with make-up experience makeup and knowledge within the makeup industry to have an overall understanding of character and FX makeup. Those with no experience in FX or character makeup are compulsory to attend Module 1.
Module 2 - Character Bald caps
Module 3 – Character with prosthetics and hair laying - old age
Module 4 – Full Character with Prosthetics
What will be covered in the master class?
- How to do the correct research and script breakdowns
- Prosthetic coloring
- Old-age makeup through the years with a final old-age makeup application
- Introduction to Character predesign
- Bald cap application in latex and Plastic cap.
- Hair application with and without lace (crepe and real hair)
- Foam prosthetics application
- Students will learn and practice techniques for creating realistic characters, and makeup effects, learn about blood gags and even get to try their hands at applying prosthetic pieces.
Date: 28, 29, 30/9/2023
Price: S$1,200 per student
Duration: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (1-hour lunch break)
Class size: 10 – 20 pax
Join two courses at a discount price: S$1,700 (Original price S$1,900)
Early bird sign-up before 15/8/2023 at S$1,600. Seat arrangement according to the sequence of registration. 50% deposit for confirmation of booking seat through Paynow 85003796. Please screenshot your payment details.
Organizations, companies, and students can write in to ask for a group discount price for above 5-10 pax. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Materials are included and students are required to bring their makeup and hair kits. Students need to bring a model on the Day 3 for examination).